14 Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Free From Blockages
Drainage Emergencies Seem To Have A Way Of Creeping Up At The Worst Times. Apart from it being unsightly, the possibility of it posing safety and health risks and even causing flood, air pollution and leakage abound. Regular maintenances can avert this nightmare.
Drains that are clogged are due to debris accumulation as well as tree root intrusions, grease or small objects getting stuck in the drain. Clogged drainage systems can happen in both your house and in the main lines.
Stick To The Following 14 Tips To Keep It From Being A Problem In The First Place
1. Should you experience a minor clog, use a plunger. That should take care of it.
2. Clear the debris from under your bathtub stoppers a couple of times per week. Don't forget to wash the stopper before setting it back into the tub.
3. If You Lose A Lot Of Hair, Make Sure That The Catchers On Your Shower Plug Is Working Well. The same way you do no not allow food fall into the kitchen sink is the same way you should prevent hair from going into your pipes.
4. Brush your hair before showering or bathing to collect loose hair on your brush instead of in your drain.
5. Call a plumber to cover your drains with grates Use A Non - Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaner On Your Drains.
6. To prevent root intrusions in your pipelines or clogging, don't plant trees or flowers close to your drainage systems.
7. Arrange a contract with a drainage company to get occasional examinations and servicing without having to run after them. Companies like Drainage Northamptonshire in Northamptonshire have specific packages for different periods. Educate family members and friends about the maintenance of your home's drains.
8. Cease using chemical cleaners. They are corrosive and will damage your pipes overtime.
9. Don't Throw Stuff Into Your Drain. Don't throw stuff into it.
10. To ensure the best health for your drains, never put the following objects down them grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medications, cosmetics and so on.
11. Simply put, drains are only meant for water, urine, and faeces.
12. Straighten A Wire Coat Hanger And Bend One End Of It To Form A Hook. This Hook Can Slip Past Your Drain Cover To Fish Out Accumulated Debris From Your Drain.
13. Pour hot saltwater down your sink from time to time to clear out accumulation of grease.
14. There are many other ways to maintain your drains, some which work, and some which don't. The main thing is to never use acidic solutions.
If you are still encountering drainage issues after you practice these tips and don not have access to a drainage company, do not worry about it. Instead, reach out to a plumber immediately. For residents in the Northamptonshire area, Drainage Northamptonshire are the perfect solution to all your drainage system needs.